Gaps between teeth are commonly agreed to be less appealing, less aesthetic. A mismatch between the size of the jaw bones and the size of the teeth can cause either extra space between teeth or crowding of teeth. If the teeth are too small for […]
December! 11 months flew by without us noticing, and suddenly December came in and knocked some reality into us – the great year 2018 is almost coming to an end! This joyous final month of the year screams out ‘school holidays’ and ‘celebrations’ […]
Do you know that gum disease is a very common problem among Malaysian?
According to the National Oral Health Survey of Adults (NOHSA), Oral Health Division, Ministry of Health Malaysia, 94% of dentate adults (adult with teeth) have some form of periodontal disease.
What is periodontal disease?
Periodontal disease is an infection in the mouth that affects the supporting structures of the teeth.
What are some warning signs of periodontal disease?
- Bleeding gums
- Bad breath
- Red or swollen gums
- Loose teeth
- Sensitive teeth
- Painful in chewing
- Teeth becomes longer or change in position
What are the treatments available for periodontal disease?
If the infection is limited as gingivitis, regular scaling will be sufficient to manage the disease.
If periodontal disease develops, a more thorough check up will be required to decide the treatment required. For example, root surface debridement (root planning).
Nowadays, treatment with laser have become popular as new therapeutic techniques in dentistry.
What is EmunDo Photodynamic Therapy?
This is an antimicrobial photodynamic therapy to eliminate bacteria in periodontal disease.
What is the procedure like?
- Drizzle the EmunDO dye onto your gums so the dye coats the diseased areas and the germs take up the dye in germ coat.
- Laser light is shone onto your gums with a hand-piece which is like a torch light.
- The deep pockets and shadow areas are then illuminated with a bulb fiber.
- Removal of any diseased tissue with bare fiber.
What are the benefits of EmunDo PDT?
- Using 810nm Laser Diode allows a painless non-invasive treatment
- All known bacteria are destroyed effectively
- Antibiotics are unnecessary: less chances of resistance development
- Only diseased areas are coloured due to the selective absorption of the dye
- Dye is not absorbed into the gut
- Lasser removal of inflammed tissue
- Faster healing
- Gum pocket reduction even after first visit
Who needs EmunDo Photodynamic Therapy?
People with bleeding gums, mobile teeth, bad breath, dental implants, diabetics, persistent ulcers and people who have had heart surgery. Remember! Healthy gums equals healthy people!
Should you have any of the signs as mentioned, feel free to write to me at email@example.com or make an appointment for a check up.
Helllo everyone!! Have you ever gotten your teeth professionally whiten before? If you haven’t, I am sure you are curious to know what is it about and how it is being done right? Teeth whitening is a simple process. Our whitening product contains hydrogen peroxide. […]
Sharon had a very special request. She requested me to close the gaps between the lower teeth. You must be wondering why I said that it was a special request?? Yes, the request itself is not special; but reason for her to close gaps was […]